? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Two years after the GREATEST party

I can't believe it has been two years since we had the best day for Mom. I will never forget when she first told me she wanted a party. Here I was thinking maybe a few people at the house but nope, Mom wanted a HUGE party. What a amazing day. I only smile when I think of that day.
From the beautiful invite that I will always be so thankful for, I will never forget the poem Anne wrote to having Sweaty Teddy DJ the party. Everything Mom asked for happened. There was music, there was dancing, and more than anything, there were so many smiles and hugs. Of course so many had tears, so many did not expect to see Mom look so frail but yet she smiled the whole day.
The party was originally scheduled more than a month away. Mom's Dr pulled me aside one day and told me it was a must to move the party up. I was so worried that we would not be able to but will always be grateful to Andres for working with us. The staff there was so helpful and sensitive to our situation. They also had some tears while helping us plan the event, everyone was so touched and thought it was so beautiful what we were doing.
From the day Mom was diagnosed, I knew what was happening. When I think back to that first day to her last day, my eyes fill with tears and it is so hard to find a good memory. The one day I can focus on and the one day that brings a huge smile rather than tears is the day of her party. As I watched my parents dance their last dance, I did have to turn away for a moment to cry but what a beautiful moment. What a priceless moment. While it may cause a few tears to think about it, I do smile the entire time I remember.
It will be two years since we lost Mom in September. We may have gained a little bit of strength but we lost so much more. Not only did we lose Mom but I feel as those I lost my true smile, my true happiness, some family, some friends... losing her made me feel as though life was lost. I will say with each day, I do have more strength, I do have more smiles, and I hope to one day say I have finally dealt with my grief. I am in no hurry to do so, while many feel I should be over it by now, I will take it 5 minutes at a time if I need to. I know she is with me each day and watching over me. I know she smiles just as big as I do when she thinks about that amazing party.
Thank you to all who made that party so special, everyone there made it such a special day.


0 comments: