? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Why a blog??

My amazing mom has been diagnosed with Stage 4 Lung Cancer that has spread to her spine. This has come as a shock to our family and to all who know and love my mom. If I was asked to describe my mom in one word, I think it would be Saint. What a truly amazing beautiful person she is. Of course being her daughter, I would say such but I can honestly and proudly say anyone who knows my mom instantly loves her and admires her inner beauty.

Easter morning my mom woke up feeling ill. This was followed by weeks of flu like symptoms. Mom went to get a chest x-ray to rule out pneumonia. While I know that chest x-ray was so important, I can't believe how it has changed our lives. My mom has never smoked nor has she ever lived with a smoker so to hear they found a spot on her lung just sounded crazy. Mom had a ct scan the next day, it was a Friday. Monday the Dr called and asked for my mom, dad, and myself to come in.

Everything was running in mind on the way to talk to the Dr. I kept telling myself it was a infection that no way could my mom have cancer. When the Dr. began to tell us what he suspected, my mom just quietly listened and said "Dr. there is nothing God would give me that I can't handle". I looked to my right to see how my dad was and he looked white and shocked.

That week brought us more test and more waiting. Following at pet scan, we discovered mom had another spot on her spine. Four scans, two biopsy's, and two long weeks of waiting and we now know my dear mom has cancer.

Mom has already had two radiation treatments and will continue to have them each day. She begins chemo tomorrow. Her cancer symptoms started two weeks ago with sharp on going pain in her back and chest. How quickly this came on is just shocking. I hate to see her pain. It breaks my heart.

Everyone keeps asking me what they can do? If I ever need to talk, I know I have amazing family and friends that I can call. I find when I leave mom I look at my phone and feel like I should call someone to cry to or yell at but just rarely do. My dear friend Sarah started a blog abut her little miracle, her beautiful daughter Claire. I saw how much it helped Sarah on those rough days and thought maybe it would help me.

So here I go in a attempt to write about my moms fight, my feelings, and whatever else may come with it.

0 comments: