? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Burglar and Roger all in one night

I was going to write this at 5am but really felt like I could sleep so here is a funny, sad, and all around odd night at our house late last night.

Aunt Thelma went o bed a little after 10pm. My Pop decided to start shutting his door at night again which is ok due to I will not need to get Mom up anymore for the bathroom. Aunt Thelma wanted to keep her door open so she could hear Mom. I have been sleeping upstairs on the couch for over a month now and still did not want to go to my room last night. Mom coughed a few times but nothing like the night before last. The medicine is really helping control the cough.

Around 2am I was on the couch reading with Georgia Mae snuggled under the covers with me. The back deck is right next to the couch with a big sliding glass door. No steps to get to the deck but a retaining wall is close enough where someone could climb if they had the talent. I heard a big clunk and thought someone just jumped on the deck. Georgia came right out from underneath the covers and jumped on back of couch and her tail was just wagging. First thought came to mind the vase on the coffee table and how I could hit them over the head. ha. I finally sat up to look and expected to see a masked man. I saw something alright. And she did have a black mask over her eyes and I call her Big Momma. My raccoon Big Momma climbed up the deck post and was sitting on the upper deck. I jumped up and saw I had left the empty fruit loop box outside. Big Momma had her head shoved down in the box . Then to my right I noticed one of the babies had also climbed up. I laugh and say oh shit at the same time. Mom happened to cough which made Aunt Thelma get up to look in on her and I came flying down the hallway. "Aunt Thelma, raccoons are on the deck"
She was half asleep and said "downstairs on the patio honey"
'NO, upstairs"
She was awake then and followed me to the kitchen. I turned on the back deck light and there they were just hanging out. Aunt Thelma's hand flew over her mouth to control her giggles. I was trying to not let my mouth drop to the floor. Big Momma sees me at the door, walks right over to it and sits down and gives me a look of "you got any more fruit loops"
Aunt Thelma and I were dying. I asked if I should go out and move the box and Aunt Thelma said Nooooooooo.
Then Aunt Thelma in between her giggles said" your daddy is going to shit" ha. And she did not spell it. They finally climbed down and we both agreed to not tell Pop.

Around 4am I felt like I could sleep. The monitor was right beside me and I felt Mom was comfortable and it would be ok to fall asleep. Almost to dream land and I hear Pop walk in living room. He goes in laundry room and pulls towels out of the dryer and starts folding. ummm.... "uh Pop, what are you doing"
"I just cant sleep"
Ok, so I think he will fold a few towels and go back to bed. He continues to fold and starts taking them to the bathroom. Last load was washcloths and is he starting to head down hallway when he stops, goes to recliner and sits there just holding the washcloths. I don't say anything at first. Living room is dark and I want to sleep. I finally say
"You want to talk Pop"
"No"
You want the tv on"
"No'
"You want something to eat"
"No"
"You want me to talk"
"No"
"You wanna play cards"
"No"
At this point I want to ask if he is aware its 4am and he is sitting in the dark holding washcloths but I bite my tongue. I then thought I should tell him about the raccoons to
1. Make him laugh or
2. Make him get his mind off things

I was just about to tell him when option 3 popped in my mind and I saw his hands flying up and washcloths going everywhere while he yells that the raccoons are taking over the house and the next thing we know, they will start just walking in the patio door. I decided to it was best to not tell him the story.

"Pop, you gotta give me a hint here"
"I just want to sit Carrie, I just want to sit"
After about 15 minutes he got up and went back to bed. Poor Pop.

I know Kathy Lynn is reading this and just dying. My cousin Chad is probably rolling on the floor after reading this because just last night while he was here he joked about them climbing up to the upper deck. My Pop told him he was going to buy a pellet gun. I told Pop unless he wanted a pellet shot in his ass in the middle of the night, he better not touch my raccoons! I know Sarah is going to read this and say"Oh Carrie" :)

I still think its funny. But like I told Chad last night, I now sit up on the upper deck and toss food down so I will not be tempted to let them get so close. It was to the point where they walked right up to me while I sat downstairs patio to feed them. Now Big Momma is climbing up. ha ha ha. I love it. Mom would just get the biggest kick out of this but she would also say not to tell Pop. Pop would kill me for this one.

Ellen just came by and brought us goodies from Psghetti's. Yummy. Uncle Jimmy stopped by. Pop and Aunt Thelma left to go see Uncle Bruce. Nurse should be here in about a hour.

Its a beautiful day out. Wish Mom could get out and enjoy it with me. I love you Mom

One hour at a time............



0 comments: