? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, July 17, 2009

A Diet Coke Angel

Crazy past few days. Tuesday was so hard because we had to say goodbye to Aunt Thelma, Aunt Melba, and Kathy. Wednesday we receive the call that Aunt Thelma was in the hospital after a fall. Seems we have dark cloud following our family and wish it would move on. Anne came over Wednesday afternoon and helped me with the pictures for the party. Anne and her creativity found a beautiful guest book. We are asking everyone to sign it and have their picture taken at the party. We will place the photo next to their signature. More fun than just a plain guest book.

Anne and I also went shopping for mom. She has a pair of polka dot black shoes that she has not been able to wear yet, so she asked for a outfit to match. Size zero pants are not easy to find but Anne and I did great. We finally found a perfect pair for mom at the Black/White store. The salesgirl was a little much and Anne tried her hardest to be polite but keep the lady out of my face. I love shopping but it just was not a easy thing to do. I wanted to find something she would be comfortable in but cute. Wanted it to be her style and match the shoes. I was just overwhelmed. The salesgirl would not stop and kept insisting on knowing what we were shopping for and who. I finally told her point blank what it was for and she left us alone. Anne thinks I scared the crap out of her but at least she left us alone.

Thursday I woke up in a bad mood. I checked my email before going to work and really exploded. I have kept my mouth shut about quite a few things and some people that are really pushing me close to the edge. I have tried to not even write about it on here because I don't want to be angry. While Kathy was here she kept me calm, Anne makes me laugh and Tara calls and reminds me "not to go postal" :) Thursday I did not have those girls so I went to work in a foul mood. It changed the second I walked in the door. Betsy sees me and smiles while telling me there is something on the counter for me. I am thinking great, a missed signature on a contrast form and grumpy radiologist was there. Walk into the control room and see a red bag with a card sticking out. I read the card, look in the bag, and there goes the waterworks. Tears of joy and just was amazed by my diet coke angel. Her name is Sarah and I went to high school with her. I don't think I had many classes with Sarah, she actually went to class and was a very good student. Our lockers were never right by each other. We did know each other and would say hellos. Found each other on facebook and found we both have addiction to diet coke and joke with each other. Sarah has been following my blog and often sends me encouraging words. So, here I am at work having a awful day that was completely brightened by her act of kindness. Sarah aka diet coke angel had filled a bag with diet coke goodies. A six pack of diet coke(I swear the cans were cold, don't know if she did that) Diet coke pencils, diet coke playing cards, diet coke notepad etc... I cant begin to tell you how much that meant. She put together this wonderful gift with a sweet card, dropped it off at work for me and I have not seen her in over 12 years. How sweet, how thoughtful, how awesome she is. As my coworkers are hugging me and telling me to stop crying, I am telling them who she is and they start on about how awesome this girl is!!!! So to those from high school that read this and know Sarah Schepker, hug her next time you see her.

The party is this Sunday and mom is looking forward to it. I am just hoping my cousins Greg, Dana, and Kathy are still able to come up from Georgia. They may not want to leave Aunt Thelma. Everything is pretty much ready, I still may put one more picture board together. I hope it turns into a fun day for her. Hope everyone shows up. I have been told a few just cant handle it and worry she may look too sick. I am not going to write what I really want to say to that. I find it bullshit, she looks tired and has lost weight. I cant believe some would use that excuse.

Uncle Jimmy, Captain Jack, and my cousin Jim just left. We had a nice visit. Captain Jack drove up from Georgia to see mom, he cant stay for the party because of work but he did want to come and see mom. Drove up today and will drive back tomorrow. Kathy Lynn, he looks better than ever, I just kept toughing his rock solid arms and reminding myself he is my cousin. George Clooney has nothing on that man.

Mom is having a pretty good day. She promised my cousin Jim the first dance on Sunday. I was so happy to see him. Have not seen him in over a month, I just kept hugging his neck. Jim and I have become so much closer this past year. I rely on him for strength. I told him that he and I should just move to Georgia when all this is over. Atlanta Police department would be lucky to have him, STLPD sure would miss him though.

One day at a time............................

0 comments: