? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Monday, June 1, 2009

Macy's and One Big Heart

I thought I did not feel like writing tonight but here I go again. Having one of those nights where I feel nothing I say or hear is going to make a difference. Opened a corona, sliced a lime, and cuddled up on the couch to watch the movie Taken. Great movie but found myself wishing Liam Nelson was my Pop for one hour and walked in the leasing office with me :)

Movie ended and once again I found myself in deep thought about mom. Tried to not cry and focus on the fact I have the day off tomorrow and what section of their basement I could work on. Suddenly I had a memory of when I moved back to the Lou 2 years ago and found myself looking for room in their house for storage until I moved in my apartment. At the time my mom was working part time at Macy's. She had her full time job but started at Macy's for the discount and to get away from Dad watching tv all day on Saturdays. She loved it. She was in the children's department and had a ball. Here I go walking around the house before the movers showed up looking for empty closets and space, I walk into one guest bedroom and open the closet. I just about died and yelled "Mother" Here she comes and said "well it was all on sale" The closet was full of newborn, baby, toddler, and all the way up to about a 9 nine year old child size. No, really the closet was full. Every time a family member came over, she went in that closet to find the right size. Every time I went to a friends, mom went in that closet to find the right size for their kid. She gave away bags to goodwill, clothes that she would buy and not know someone that needed that size so just gave it away. My father would roll his eyes and complain he was paying Macy's to let my mom work there. What a beautiful person she is. Makes me ask the same question over and over each day.....Why my mom God???

0 comments: