? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Days all run together...

I almost feel as though Pop and I need to hang a board similar to what you may find in a first grade classroom where it tells you in huge letters what the day is. Pop is sleeping more than me and probably gets maybe 6 hours of sleep a night. I had a two hour nap today but besides that have not slept since yesterday for only 3 hours on the couch. I feel like a zombie but seems that is typical amount of sleep for me last few months.

Mom had finally told me what her pain level was yesterday. Pop and I have been asking her but could not get a answer. Not sure if the question confused her or she did not want to say. It was a 8. Not acceptable. Nurse came this morning and immediately called in a new pain medicine. Mom is now on three pain meds. Pop is having a hard time giving her medicine. He offered to give it to her at 7pm. I was in the living room and could hear everything on the monitor. I wanted to go right back there but at same time I know I had to wait for Pop to ask for my help. He came out about ten minutes later and asked me to help. I told him to watch what I do. I gently wake her, lift her head, place pills in her mouth, straw to mouth, lay her right back and cover her back up. Pop tends to go in and ask if she wants to sit up. Tries to place the pill in her hand and it just does not work anymore. While the nurse was here we had her order the hospital bed. It will be here Wednesday. I figured I could clean out the guest room tomorrow. Hoping Fadler is still coming and can help me move the desk. Tuesday I work and Pop wanted me here while the delivered it so Wednesday it is.

I feel awful about Mom's cousins. Four drove up here from Georgia and have not been here to see her yet. Pop told him he felt it was just too bad of a day and I hate to say but I agreed. I have been the one who never turns away people who want to see her. Pop does it all the time. I just hate her pain level is so high and hope the new med will help. I also feel so bad that they will see her like this. I think so many people expect to see the Bernice they know and love and others think she will look like she did the day of the party. I saw it in Fadlers eyes when he saw her on last week. I don't think you can prepare someone before they see her now. Hate to admit it but Pop and I each cry every time when leave her bedroom now.

Mom is now getting pills every two hours. I will be able to take a short nap around 10am after Dad gets home from his workout. Another night with no sleep. I honestly don't know how I am functioning. Starbucks is my new best friend and luckily 24 hour one right down the road.

Someone call Pop on Wednesday or Friday and ask to take him to lunch or dinner PLEASE!!!! He needs to get out and enjoy a meal out.

One day at a time.....................

0 comments: