? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Monday, August 31, 2009

Pop's Birthday!!!!

I had meant to write about Dads upcoming birthday in my earlier post but vented a little and forgot to. Maybe better that my dear Pop gets his own special post.

Pop is turning 70 on Wednesday!!! 70!!! My mom had told me in January she wanted to throw him a big party to celebrate and so sad she is not able to still do that for him. Mom usually only asks what day of the week it is so she had no idea his birthday is Wednesday. I think it would hurt her terribly to know.

I have asked Pop if he would like me to set up a dinner party for him out some where and invite whoever he wished. He said no, he wanted to be home with Mom and I. I asked him if he wanted a special meal that I could cook or carry out from somewhere. So far he keeps saying he has no idea.

Kathy Lynn and Michelle put a birthday card on his desk before they left and when he found it, he loved it. I am asking everyone to send him a card, call him, ask to take him out for birthday dessert.. whatever you can think of. Turning 70 is huge foe him and I am so sorry I was not able to have a big party for him.

With everything going on with my Mom, I have a feeling some may have forgotten about his special day so please keep in mind it is Wednesday. It is his special day and I do want him to smile and enjoy it.

Dana, my moms dear friend and a wonderful person was here today. She has been amazing to us. She surprised my Pop with a plane ticket today. He can fly anywhere in the US. He was so touched by this gracious and generous gift. he is going to use it to fly to Canada to see one of his best friends. It was not for his birthday, it was just because. My Pop is going to need many of those just because gifts. Gifts meaning.. a phone call, a offer of lunch, a offer to go see a game, anything. But I am asking everyone to please help me give him many reasons to smile on Wednesday and enjoy turning 70.

One hour at a time.....

0 comments: