? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Saturday, August 22, 2009

She sleeps............

It seems that has become my answer to the question "how is your mom doing" I am handling the sleeping much better than Pop, he wants her to wake up so much. Last night we started the new pain pill. I had a little mini reunion with girls I went to grade school with. I had really wanted to go and after writing down the instructions for Pop and reviewing the instructions 5 times, I felt comfortable leaving for the evening. I know he is over-whelmed and I am really trying not to lose my patience with him. I told him I would call him at 8pm to remind him and make sure he understood the medicine. It seemed he understood but then asked me to call him back in 30 minutes because he wanted me on the phone while he gave her the medicine. sigh.....ok Pop. I go outside to call him back at 8:30pm, he then had to put me on speaker phone as he gave her the medicine. Yep, I have no idea why either so don't ask. This went on all night. I had to call back every 2-3 hours to listen to him give her the medicine. Oh Pop. The good news is she is tolerating this pain med. We were so worried because she is so sensitive to medication.

It seems each day is becoming harder than the day before. Pop and I each broke today. Pop had gone to see Uncle Bruce. I went in to check on mom and she wanted to use the bathroom. I ended up having to lift her off the bed. I really wanted to carry her to the bathroom but she wanted to walk. She barely could walk. I helped her back to bed and tucked her tight. Before I even finished saying I love you she was right back asleep. I am really not sure how long I stood there just watching her. I walked out of the bedroom and just went down to my knees in the hallway sobbing.

Pop came back shortly there after. When it came time for her medicine he wanted to go in and give it to her. I could hear everything because of the monitor. I could tell she was not waking up that well to take the pill. It is becoming hard to wake her for her medicine. One pill is placed under the tongue and has to dissolve. She falls right back to sleep before you can hand her the other pills. Pop walked out of the bedroom and went straight out the front door. I waited a few minutes before I went out to check on him. I found him leaning against the car just sobbing. We talked a little and told him to get in the car and go for a drive. Get out in this beautiful weather and breathe. He decided to do just that. Right before he left, Sarah surprised us with chips and a awesome dip( it's almost all gone Sarah) So Pop left and I sat outside with Sarah and little Claire for about ten minutes. Pop stayed gone for quite a bit and I was starting to become concerned but he walked in the door with a shopping bag grinning. Would not tell me what he bought and went straight to his office. Next thing I know he was coming in with framed pictures of mom. He has been taking old pictures of her and scanning them to a bigger size and close ups. He went out and bought some new frames for her pictures. Poor Pop, I have a feeling this house will be covered in Mom's pictures when he is done.

Pop is going down to Uncle Jimmy's to visit. Three of Mom's cousins drove in today from Georgia to see Mom. They should be pulling in Uncle Jimmy's driveway any minute now. They will be over here tomorrow to see her. I know its going to be quite a shock for them. Tomorrow is the original date the party was planned. I am so very thankful I moved the date up.

Please keep Mom in your prayers. Pray for Pop as well to stay strong. His heart is breaking over this.

One day at a time...................

0 comments: