? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, August 14, 2009

Driving miles to see Mom

Mom has been going back each day to the Dr's office for fluids. Her blood pressure was extremely low. Yesterday it was still around 71/48. Not good at all. We had her stop one of her meds and today it was around 109/72. Huge difference and a very good one. Uncle Jimmy was here yesterday while I went to work, he spent some time with Pop and went to pick mom up from from the Dr's office. He surprised us today (well surprised me and mom) and came over with Captain Jack!!!!!

So many ask if Uncle Jimmy is moms brother. We really know how to confuse people. Uncle Jimmy is actually my first cousin. He is mom's nephew. I began calling him Uncle Jimmy when I was little bc I would hear his sons call my mom Aunt so it just kinda happened and I have called him Uncle ever since. Captain Jack is Uncle Jimmy's brother. We call him Captain Jack bc of his rank in the Marines. So, that should explain to y'all who were confused.

So, Captain Jack drove all the way here to see mom. He left yesterday and stopped in Tenn and arrived in St. Louis late morning. He is driving back home tomorrow morning. Lots of miles to see his Aunt Bernice but it means so much. He and Uncle Jimmy did not stay long, they could tell she was tired but it meant so much for her to be able to hug Jack. I love when Uncle Jimmy is here, he makes me laugh and the house feels like a home again. Its amazing what one person can bring to a house, Uncle Jimmy, Captain Jack, Aunt Thelma, Jim, Kathy Lynn, Aunt Melba... they all have this way to make you feel loved and make this house feel alive again.

I think I might be out of my angry mood today. Last night I went to Tammi's for our Thursday night of wine and watching housewives. I have stuck with it and go each Thursday. I love it. Tammi's family went to grade school/church with mine. She is just a couple years older but she was one of the girls that I always thought was so cool. Has a great family and my parents always loved her parents. Lost touch over the years but like facebook has done for so many, we found each other. Tammi's family came to moms party and Mom was tickled to see them. Tammi told me that day that I should come out and spend some time with her. I did and now she is stuck with me every Thursday. My mom told her something at the party and she is keeping her promise to my mom. She has been a blessing. Anyway, had some laughs and too much wine last night but I did get out of my angry mood... at least for now.

I just might run down to Uncle Jimmy's tonight to hang out and get some good hugs.

One day at a time........



0 comments: